Discover more from History, Etc
WIN! SIGNED BOOKS AND SIGNED ART...
...plus much more!! Just pre-order Wolves of Winter, then guess the number of curse-words in the book...
Well, my lovely friends, I have quite the competition for you.
We’re celebrating the impending launch of my new Essex Dogs novel, Wolves of Winter. And as you’ll see below, my UK publishers have done something pretty fun.
Pre-order Wolves of Winter from Waterstones or any other UK bookseller, then guess the number of curse-words in the Essex Dogs swear jar, and you could win a signed copy of both Essex Dogs and Wolves of Winter, a signed and numbered character print, a full set of character postcards and something medieval to drink.
The prizes are handpicked by me, and (mostly) signed by me as well.
Just pre-order the book, then click the button if you want to enter.
PS this is a UK-only ting, I’m afraid. International fun will follow later in the year!
WOLVES OF WINTER SWEAR JAR COMPETITION!!!
Pre-order the book, guess the curse-word count, and win big!
The characters in the Essex Dogs world just can’t stop cursing… so far as we know Loveday hasn’t got a swear jar for his men, but if he did, how much would be in it? And just how much would Scotsman and the earl of Northampton have to kick in?
With less than a month to go before the release of Wolves of Winter, the explosive second volume in the Essex Dogs trilogy, we’ve had a bit of fun working out exactly how foul-mouthed the characters are.
We’ve counted up every 'eff and blind' in Wolves of Winter and the total is, well, eye-watering.
If you can guess just how many times the Essex Dogs and the characters they encounter curse, you could win an incredible haul of prizes.
- A signed copy of Essex Dogs and Wolves of Winter
- A signed, numbered, limited edition A3, gold-embossed piece of Essex Dogs character art – winner’s choice of Romford, Scotsman or Darys
- A full set of Essex Dogs character postcards
- A case of mead (or non-alcoholic alternative)
So to enter you need to guess the number of swearwords you think there will be in WOLVES OF WINTER and complete the form below including uploading a proof of pre-order.* The closest guess to the total number of curses, as decided by the competition organisers, wins the prize. In the event of a tie the winner will be the person who submitted the correct entry first so act fast!
* Please note this competition is only open to UK readers. Your pre-order can be of any edition (physical or ebook) from any UK-based retailer. Do note that your copy will be supplied by the retailer on or around publication date and this is in their control not the publisher's.